Thursday, June 03, 2004

The 47th District chair rocks!

(That pun was unintentional, but it works, so what the hey!)

My district chair announced my election as alternate and Ricardo Politan's election as Dean delegate last night at our district meeting, and also said the district would hold a fundraiser for us. Tyler Page, you are an awesome human being.

I'll have to pay for my airfare, lodging, and food in Boston on plastic. It'll take me five years to pay it off, but this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, so even if the fundraiser doesn't raise any money (and given the crappy economy for which we can thank the illegal Bu$h administration, it probably won't!), I'm still going. But every dollar we can raise is one less dollar out of my threadbare pockets, so I just have to announce that Tyler is a wonderful human being. :D

We got to hear 8th Congressional District Representative candidate Dave Ross last night at the meeting. I've heard him speak twice now, and have been very favorably impressed both times. We might actually finally get this House seat back from the Republicans, after umpteen years (many long years of Rod Chandler, and many more long years of Rod-Chandler-in-a-dress, Jennifer Dunn). We NEED this win, and I think Ross can do it. He has my support, no question. I kind of hope the district endorses him, but I know there are others supporting Heidi Behrens-Benedict and Alex Alben. Personally, I have my doubts as to whether either of those two can beat Dave Reichert in November.

No comments: