Talked to Greg G. for awhile; he's flying out early to go to the Stonewall Democrats' Convention beforehand. He offered to let me stay with him in Providence if I decided to come out a day early, as I've been considering. I'm sorely, sorely tempted! Margaret Cho was the headliner (in one of their more spineless moves, the DNC pressured Unity04 to drop her from the bill, because of the furor over Whoopi Goldberg's recent show bashing Bu$h), plus I've been obsessing about whether flying in on the red-eye Sunday morning is going to work, or if I'm going to be recovering from it all week. I probably won't, though - it would cost me an extra $100 to change my flight at this point, plus I'd have to show up on Greg's (hotel) doorstep unannounced, as I haven't any way to get in touch with him (he's probably already on his way). I don't think he'd much appreciate that!
John and I had a phenomenal farewell dinner after the party. We were both hungry, so we stopped in what used to be a pizza place near the campaign headquarters. They've switched to a European-style prix fixe establishment, and OH, what a wonderful dinner. It was expensive, but I've paid that much for far inferior meals. We were going to go to dinner on Saturday night, before I leave, but I think we'll go to Betty Swanson's 50th anniversary party instead. At least until I start jittering off the walls about having to get ready for my flight.

No comments:
Post a Comment