Last night, I got a call at home from Paul Berendt - the chair of the state Democratic party - wanting to know if I could try to help sell tickets to the Magnuson Awards fundraising dinner. John was terribly impressed that the state chair would call me at home personally, but I pointed out that his staff is probably still in post-Convention hiding trying to get some rest! ;-)
Then today I got a call from a Wisconsin state Senator who's running for Congress hoping for donations.
Skip, the guy John talked to at the delegates' sendoff party was right - the work for the delegates starts in earnest AFTER the convention. We have a commitment to work the Auburn Good Old Days booth this Saturday, march in the parade with our state Senate candidates, and then Sunday, we're going to a fundraising dinner for Ron Sims' campaign. The chorus is trying to do fundraising stuff this summer too, but I may have to beg off a lot of that, unfortunately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment